ND Water - November 2020 Matching Recreation Grant Program
The Garrison Diversion Conservancy District’s (Garrison Diversion) Recreation Committee recently met to award matching recreation grants to five projects across the district. The total award was for $108,941. The committee approved grants that will revitalize parks and recreation areas within the 28-county district.
The following five projects received matching recreation grant awards in the fall of 2020:
“Giving back to our member communities in meaningful ways is a favorite task of our Recreation Committee members. We are always excited to award grants to deserving projects that provide new recreation opportunities and enhance existing facilities throughout our district,” says Bruce Klein, Recreation Committee Chairman.
- Bismarck Parks & Recreation - $82,136 to make improvements to the North Central Park
- Casselton Park & Recreation - $1,995 for Casselton Parks Revitalization
- City of Mercer - $18,248 for the Mercer Memorial Park Playground Expansion
- Renville County - $2,062 for a playground expansion at the Mouse River Park
- City of Milnor - $4,500 for the creation of a wildlife observation deck and trail
Garrison Diversion dedicates 20% of its one-mill levy to the matching recreation grant program to qualifying projects within the 28-county district and has awarded over $5.5 million to valuable recreation projects since the program began in 1990. The Recreation Committee meets every spring and fall to consider applications. The next deadline for recreation grant applications is April 1, 2021.
For more information on Garrison Diversion’s matching recreation grant program, contact Merri Mooridian at 701-652-3194, email@example.com or PO Box 140, Carrington, ND 58421.